Thursday, April 9, 2009

Infertility

A couple weeks ago I finally told a close friend the whole story about our path to the twins....besides my usual "it took me a long time getting pregnant" spiel. It made me realize that maybe I am now ready to be more open about what we went through. Not here on a blog but maybe to anyone going through it and my close family and friends.
Infertility sucked the life out of me, but luckily my children have revived me, and I now know G-d had a plan for us all along. Even now, I feel like IF still haunts me. I still have so many unanswered questions. Now, close to two years since I got pregnant am I slowly able to accept what I went though and can maybe open up about it more.
Despite it all, I now also wonder how we got so lucky to have to go through so little compared to what some people go through to get pregnant and have children. That is definitely not how I felt before I got pregnant though. There were some days when I was so so mad at the world and maybe even G-d. It's amazing how two little monkeys can change your view so drastically. Now I feel so so blessed and thank G-d every day for the amazing children he gave us.

No comments: