Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas Village


Ever since I saw my neighbor's Christmas village when I was a little kid, I always told myself I'd have a Christmas village of my own one day. I LOVE them!
A couple weeks ago I used all my Kohls cash and coupons and bought 3 Christmas village buildings that were so so cute. I bought a row of shops which included a hardware store and a shoe store, an Irish pub and a Pharmacy thinking I'd start a Christmas village display and add on every year. I also picked up snow cover, a plug, and a village tree at Walmart. I brought it all home and set it up on the foyer table. I thought it looked so cute and wonderful! Chetan walked by it and said "looks nice, Grandma." How rude... Then the monkeys saw it and stood there and stared at it forever, like in a trance. They wouldn't move away or even look away...and I couldn't leave them because I was scared they'd touch something and break it. So...I returned it all. But I do love Christmas villages....maybe I'll try again one day, maybe when I AM a grandma!

No comments: